dimanche, avril 18, 2010

Tofu al Ragu ed all' Arrabbiata

Tofu al Ragu ed all' Arrabbiata

I bought both firm and silken tofu at Reggio Emilia last Friday and decided to make myself the Italian version of our famous MaPo Tofu : Tofu al Ragu ed all' Arrabbiata. They married really well and even Baby Girl loved it.

I had the firm tofu sliced into rectangular pieces and then grilled them without any fat on a non-stick frying pan.

In the frying pan

I had leftover ragu sauce and just heated the grilled tofu in it (with a bit of olive oil, garlic and Thai chilli) for a little while. I liked it so much I cooked another piece of tofu in it.

We had a heaty discussion the other evening with Hub. No, we were not quarrelling (as we usually do over small things), but we were challenging each other over certain perceptions and ideas over his career. Life is rarely peaceful in this household, because we are not a couple who tend to agree with each other - at least not at the beginning of the discussion.

You know the saying "Behind every successful man there is a woman" and I make it a point every year or so to make a point with Hub over his career progression. Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to be ambitious on his behalf, though having given up mine so that he could progress in his, I sometimes do feel that I have a vested stake as a result.

No, I just wanted, in my usually confrontational manner, to challenge him to ask himself if things have been going the way he wanted them to be, whether he knows what he wants, and more importantly, whether he's happy doing what he's doing. I believe that we should try to fulfil our potential in whatever we're doing so as to do the job well, to learn and grow while we're at it - and be happy at the same time.

Hub is not a complicated man and generally knows what he wants, but I still like to shock him a little out of his comfort zones (and thoughts) to see if a different perspective could make him waver in his ideas. It is important sometimes to have a good fight, share and clarify our ideas and thoughts and not just sit in companable silence in front of the TV (not that I usually watch TV with him). Though he thinks that I like being negative. I retort that that's because he's being too positive.

Anyway, we managed to reach a consensus at the end of our discussion and are of the same mind on the subject, so all's well that ends well.

Now we can go back to bickering over the unimportant things in life.

Aucun commentaire: