mercredi, avril 28, 2010

Questions Unanswered

Caterpillar (E.C's Hungry Caterpillar drawing)

There are moments when I have questions and can find no immediate answers to them, and then could find no energy nor motivation either to work them out.

I am not talking about the Creation. Or how fast those lilies I have in my garden seem to be growing everyday. There are really many things the naked eye couldn't see/catch in real time.

I am wondering more along the lines of where did the scorpions in my house hide? How did the dozens of crickets that we find every evening (a few months ago) enter the house? And this week, how/why in the world do we wake up to dozens of caterpillars at the bottom of the stairs every morning? Will they become moths or butterflies? Why didn't this happen 3 years ago? Why now?

A handful that I gathered this morning

Should I stay awake at night to see how they end up there every morning?

Then I was driving home after buying that little dress from Armani (yes, I managed to find a moment to buy it) and suddenly a question popped into my head : Was Man born with a conscience or did he have to develop/cultivate one or at least awaken it?

Cute, right?

How do you expect me to answer that question when I was trying to keep an eye out at the same time for farms selling strawberries? But like I said, it just popped up like that.

Finally, I was reading my old Lonely Planet Guidebook on Spain (prices are still in pesetas) as I'm wondering if I should bring the MIL and the children to Malaga, and out of the blue an old question that I've been having since I was a teenager materialised : What is the difference between "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Do not do unto others as you would not have them to do unto you"? Should one adhere to the former or the latter? What does it say about those who practise one or the other?

Arrgh, I should really work on the meditation and learn to empty the mind. Because those questions will nag me for the rest of the day (or 2) and I would feel frustrated because I do not have the time to work them out. I could search the Net for a few essays, but then I'd have to compare and analyse them and that'll take alot of time. And I have to decide by midnight today if I want to go to Malaga.

I'm off for my walk to the Cascate Bucamante with my group of mums (and a dad). The sun is out today, it's a promising start.

4 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Is that dress for your princess? I love it!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

No, it's size 9-months. It's a present for the baby girl of this guy who works for Hub.

Anonyme a dit…

Crickets in your house? I can imagine the noise they make! I had one in my HDB flat a few years ago, the noise was very loud & amplified. I was hoping it would go away on its own but in the end it stayed, no choice but to end its life with a hard whack. It was a small cricket but what a racket it made.

Could those creepy crawlies on the floor that suddenly appeared signify a very hot sizzling summer to beat previous years?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

How did a cricket end up in a HDB flat? I know we always had ants, lizards and flying cockroaches but crickets...?

Yeah, they certainly made a lot of noise I was gong crazy.

As for the weather, I'm not good at forecasting.