mardi, avril 13, 2010

Strawberry Chocolate Cake

Strawberry Chocolate Cake
The Babies spend their time playing outside when the sun is out. As a bad mother, I didn't have the heart to call them in to do any homework. They acted out roles in stories of their own creation, they pushed dolls in prams, they jumped in the trampoline, they played football, they roller-skated, they rode their bikes...They've also taken to having little picnics on their own in the garden. They would ask for a sandwich or toast, a juice box and a muffin.

A slice
They spend alot of their energy this way and would be hungry long before dinnertime. I decided to bake them a quick Strawberry Chocolate Cake with the strawberries that I bought while grocery shopping this morning. Strawberries are starting to turn up everywhere now.

Half-way through filling it


Very simple cake with just 2 layers of chocolate sponge, whipped cream and mascarpone with sugar and a bit of alcohol, fresh strawberries. Not the most interesting cake around - but then baking's not my forte and this home-baked cake is still healthier than the industrially-produced cakes that they sell in the supermarket.

Done
I have a small talk to make for the school's Action Week - but I've not given it much thought yet. Such a long time since I last volunteered or made a presentation. And I do not remember how to use powerpoint anymore. Don't think my computer has the programme either.

3 commentaires:

rinaz a dit…

If you like, you could try to download openoffice. Its like microsoft office and it has something similar to powerpoint but its free

http://www.openoffice.org/

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I am using open office, have been for a few months now, and it has killed my ability to open pdf files normally :-(

Anyway, saw that you had a great OSU lunch in Rome, nice desserts too LOL

SIG a dit…

That is a gorgeous cake, simple yet elegant and delicious I bet!