vendredi, avril 30, 2010

De Beers 18K White Gold Quartz and Diamond Sakura Pendant

Sakura Rose Quartz and Diamond Pendant from De Beers

Hub probably had a troubled night. He knew that I was going to check out the De Beers Private Sale this morning. Which I did.

He asked me if I've bought anything. I told him that I've bought something gorgeous for around 40K just to see how he would react. Even as I said it I knew that I would be caught out quickly since where in the world could we find 4 least of all 40K to buy any jewellery in times like these?

Anyway, most of the pieces on sale today were quite loud and gaudy. Too flashy for me. I have small fingers for a fat person and can only carry off small creations.

But everything was sold out within 10 minutes even at such prices. I was among the first at the sale and chose a simple quartz and diamond pendant : 18ct white gold, rose quartz, 0,18ct diamonds. Reminded me of a lotus though they named it "sakura".

Hub looked relieved and said, "So you've managed to restrain yourself."

I can wait. Next year is our 10th Wedding Anniversary.

8 commentaires:

مشروع جديد ناجح a dit…

you have good blog

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks for visiting.

Muriel a dit…

You have such great taste. It is a beautiful pendant!

Do you think you could give a heart attack to Sylvain with your expensive taste?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Hi Mu, if you think it's nice then it must really be nice. Thanks.

I've been psyching him up on the Asian love for jewellery, especially gold. And I give him a glass or 2 of good red wine almost every evening to help him keep his heart in good shape.

He knows that I do not have other vices and the stuff would go to his beloved daughter one day, so it must sweeten things abit for him. :-)

Anonyme a dit…

Hello,
May I know the price of this beauty please?
I would like so much to buy the same...

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Hi Anon, I fear that I cannot remember exactly how much I've paid for it and it's now in the safe. But one thing is sure, it cost less than 1000 euros.

Anonyme a dit…

Hello,

I bought such a pendant from a person living in Paris, France.
However, she couldn't say exactly what the pendant is made of (except for gold and diamonds) :

Therefore, please, are you sure the flower - for the other parts - is made of quartz and not glass or else?

it would be great to let me know!
Thanks a lot.

Best wishes.
Sophia

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Sorry I missed this earlier. The pendant is made of 18k gold, quartz and diamonds. I bought mine in Paris too from De Beers.