lundi, mai 24, 2010

Sweet and Sour Mango Panko-breaded Pork Chop

Sweet and Sour Mango Panko-breaded Pork Chop
I am usually quite careful about the meat I buy. And I would avoid buying any from Lidl, for example, though I always shop there and manage to find many interesting things to buy. But if you are looking for good-quality sliced lean pork (maiale sottile), they have it and I have not been disappointed with it thus far. Most supermarkets are closed on Monday mornings here in Modena, so if I had to buy meat at Lidl, I buy the pork.

Breaded and ready for frying

What did I do with the pork I bought this morning? I prepared an egg wash with an egg, 5-spice powder, salt, light soy sauce and pepper and dipped my pork slices in it. Then I dusted them with Japanese panko breadcrumbs, fried them and have them sliced into strips. Prepared a sweet and sour sauce as per normal but using fresh ripe mango cubes instead of pineapple, and covered the pork with it. Voilà my Sweet and Sour Mango Panko-breaded Pork Chop.


Sweet and Sour Sauce :

Brown sugar
Chinese rice vinegar
Concentrated tomato purée
Worchestershire sauce
Light Soy sauce
Plum Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Sesame Oil
Sherry
Corn Starch
Water

Mix and taste as you go to obtain your desired sweet and sour sauce.

If you are in a hurry, I would recommend Lee Kum Kee's or Amoy's ready-made sauce, they are not too bad.

This week is another busy one filled with coffee mornings, lunches and packing for our trip to Alghero. I hope to find a moment to see P one last time before she leaves for India though. Ah, I do so hate farewells.

PS : These photos are my first ones posted using the extra storage space that I've just paid for at Picasa. Didn't know that we're only limited to 1GB of storage space with Blogger. Anyway, since Blogger is already free, I'm not going to stinge on the photo stockage.

Aucun commentaire: