jeudi, mai 06, 2010

Pineapple, Chocolate Rice and Oat Cookies

Pineapple, Chocolate Rice and Oat Cookies
I need to clear out the fridge, it's so packed I can't see what I have in it. This morning I went to the Asian grocer and ended up buying another packet of basmati rice. I have forgotten that I'd bought one a few weeks ago. This one I can still hide, but the 6-pack of sparkling water that I've bought today will stick out like a sore thumb on top of the other 6-pack that I've bought last week. I've somehow forgotten that I still have these 6 big bottles of water too. Boy, is Hub going to nag.

My memory is no longer like what it used to be. May have to do a bit of braintraining on Nintendo DS again.

The pineapple filling/jam that I made a few months ago for my pineapple tartlets will have to go. I didn't want to throw it away as it was still good and so decided to make a batch of Pineapple, Chocolate Rice and Oat Cookies. They are soft, slightly chewy, sticks to your teeth at times and quite yummy. The Teenager loved them. I asked myself why I didn't think to make them earlier.


Pineapple, Chocolate Rice and Oat Cookies (makes 19-20 large cookies) :

150g plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
200g Chocolate rice
2 Tbsp Oats
100g Butter-Margarine (softened)
50g Brown Cane Sugar
30g Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
200g chunky Pineapple jam

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate rice and oats in a bowl.

Beat the butter-margarine, white and brown cane sugar till creamy.

Add the egg and continue to beat till the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla essence and the pineapple jam and mix well.

Fold in the dry ingredients in 2 times.


Using a tablespoon, scoop and drop the dough onto a grease-proof paper-lined baking tray. Space them apart as they will melt and spread out during the baking.


Bake in the oven at the lower shelf for 18-20 minutes.



Let the cookies cool before storing them in airtight containers.

Aucun commentaire: