lundi, mai 03, 2010

Strawberry, Kiwi and Banana Smoothie

Strawberry, Kiwi and Banana Smoothie
Difficult to get those kids to eat vegetables though they are open to certain fruits when they are good. Thank God the Season doesn't last all year as the fruits that we buy from our neighouring farms tend to cost a small fortune. But they are usually worth the money.


The strawberries I bought from the supermarket because I couldn't wait for the ones from the farm were so average that nobody wanted to eat them. I decided to add them to the few ripe organic kiwis and bananas that were hanging around, add crème fraîche, sugar, lemon juice, ice and yoghurt and mix everything into a smoothie. The older kids loved them. Baby Boy doesn't like bananas. Though he likes tree climbing.


This morning I drove past the strawberry farm and was delighted to see that they have started selling their strawberries! They were more costly than the supermarket ones, but also so much better. I ate up half a packet (of about 500g) of nice big, juicy strawberries on my own in just an afternoon. Had to remind myself that I love those kids and that I must leave them most of the fruit.


Aucun commentaire: