mercredi, mai 19, 2010

Cinnamon Nutella Cake

Cinnamon Nutella Cake

I've always liked to work with nutella only that I never get it to do what I imagined it could do. Like swirl in my cake batter. Otherwise the cake turned out fine and I have at least that for tomorrow's coffee morning. If I dare to offer it to my guests. Sigh...

It's a very easy cake, the put-all-ingredients-together and just beat-it-till-it's-light-and-fluffy sort. Then bake for an hour in a hot oven.

As you can see, the nutella has sunk to the bottom, I could have tried harder but I guess I hadn't
Cinnamon Nutella Cake :

150g Butter (softened)
150g golden Castor Sugar
3 Eggs
200g Self-raising Flour
1 Tsp Baking powder
2 Tsp ground Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Milk
4 Tbsp Nutella
100g Hazelnut Chocolate bar

Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and milk in a big bowl and beat till the batter is light and fluffy.

Pour half into a buttered cake tin and smoothen. Add the nutella in 4 blobs and top up with the other half of the batter. Smoothen again. Swirl the batter with a skewer (it didn't work for me here - the nutella's too consistent - and I was distracted by something else).

Bake for an hour in a hot 180°C oven. Do not let the cake burn - I put a tray above to block out the grill and it stopped the cake from burning.


When the cake is out of the oven and left to cool, I melted the hazelnut chocolate bar. Unmoulded the cake and then poured the melted chocolate over it. If you want a nice icing, remove the bubbles before pouring it over the cake. I almost never bother with appearances as you know by now.

Aucun commentaire: