samedi, mai 22, 2010

Open Salmon Raviolis

Open Salmon Ravioli with Shallot-Cream Sauce
I get bored easily as I may have mentioned before. I was going to cook salmon for lunch and the choice between teriyaki, just grilled, or soy bored the hell out of me. It's like making love to the same person in the same nightshirt, position and part of the bed for 20 years (not that I know since I'm still sooo young :-)).

I thought about it and decided to package the same thing(s) a little differently. If it looks different, it may taste and feel different. I decided to make Open Salmon Raviolis.

Basically I grilled the salmon to a crispy exterior and placed it on a piece of spinach lasagna pasta that I have cooked just minutes before. Fresh basil leaves, salt, pepper, crema balsamica, light soy sauce. Cover with another piece of cooked spinach lasagna pasta.

There is no need to fill the ravioli with such a big piece of grilled salmon, of course, half the amount would do just as well but I was feeling generous.

Covered the salmon ravioli with a shallot and cream sauce.


Shallot and Cream Sauce :

1 Shallot (finely sliced)
2 Garlic cloves (finely sliced)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 Tbsp White wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Crème fraîche
Juice of half a Lime

Brown the shallot and garlic in the olive oil.

Add the white wine, salt and pepper.

When the alcohol has evaporated, stir in the cream.


Squeeze in the lime juice, stir and pour over the raviolis.

It's a hot and sunny day today. Hub and the Teenager are off to play 18 holes and the Babies will soon have their golf lesson. I am going to wash and dry the clothes and do a bit of gardening.

1 commentaire:

Gaëlle a dit…

It sounds very very good! I love salmon...
Gaelle