mercredi, mai 19, 2010

Fried Fresh Anchovies (Alici)

Fried Fresh Anchovies
When we were living in Andalusia, I used to buy fresh sardines and anchovies from the local wet market at least twice a week. There are many ways to cook them, but I especially love them lightly dusted with corn flour and fried in olive oil.

I braved the rain this morning to make a trip to the supermarket and found some cleaned fresh anchovies and so decided to make a batch of Fried Fresh Anchovies for dinner this evening. Added curry powder and black pepper to the corn flour and dusted the fish in it before frying them in olive oil meant for frying.


They transported me back a little into time, I have missed those tapas moments when we would grab a few fried fish dishes and a few glasses of tinto de verano or sangria and sit outside, watching the children play and old folks gossip around us.

Aucun commentaire: