jeudi, mai 20, 2010

No-Bake Chocolate Blood Orange Cheese Cake

No-Bake Chocolate Blood Orange Cheese Cake

I feel like I'm back to my teenage years when I start on several books at the same time. Only I'm definitely no longer a teenager since I'm incapable of finishing everyone of them in the same day like I used to. In those days I could move around the flat from the bed to the toilet to the dining table to the sofa...with a book in one hand. I do not have my mum around to make my bed(s), clean my toilet(s), cook my meal(s), wash/dry/iron/fold my clothes anymore. I even have to do all that for myself and 4 other people. It's not filial to miss your mum for that, but I do. It's frustrating not being able to finish reading books you've started to read. Even if it's sometimes just the supermarket catalogue.

Speaking of which I realised 3 days too late that they were having a promotion on partyware at Lidl - and by the time I arrived only very little choice was left. I do not have any birthday parties till October, but you may know by now that I like to stock up.

Hub asked me the other day why I have an enormous stock of dark chocolate and I must say that I couldn't even blame it on the kids since they prefer milk or white chocolate. So I decided to liquidate one of them by making a No-Bake Chocolate Blood Orange Cheesecake. Was supposed to figure it in my coffee morning today, but totally forgot about it. I may need to stock up on ginkgo biloba, heard it's good for the memory.

I cannot really remember the proportions I used to make this cheesecake for a 16-cm springform mould. Should have noted things down as I went, but I had thought then that I would remember, but of course I couldn't. And that was just yesterday. I always say that taste is personal so experiment to find your "right" taste.


Chocolate Blood Orange Cheesecake (16-cm cake mould) :

Chocolate-coated Digestive biscuits
50g Butter (melted)
150g good-quality Dark Fondant Chocolate
50g Butter
250g Mascarpone or Philadelphia Creamcheese (if making a big cake can combine both)
Sugar to taste
4 Tbsp Blood Orange juice
1 Tsp finely grated Orange zest
1 Tbsp Lemon juice

Melt the first 50g of butter and pulse it with the chocolate-coated digestive biscuits. Press onto a paper-lined cake tin and leave to chill in the fridge.

Microwave the fondant chocolate and next 50g of butter. Stir to mix well and leave to cool slightly.

Whip the mascarpone till creamy and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue whipping.

Add the orange zest and juices and whip some more. Then beat in the chocolate mixture.

Scoop into the prepared cake tin, cover with clingwrap and chill for a few hours if not overnight.

Pac Man
I like chocolate and I love mascarpone, so I like this chocolate cheesecake. And I got rid of one bar of dark fondant chocolate. Yay!

2 commentaires:

Gaëlle a dit…

The cheesecake is my favourite dessert.
I will test your recipe!
Thanks
Gaelle
Nice photos!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

C'est riche et sucré ce truc-là, le régime détruit en un seul coup...