mercredi, juin 02, 2010

Brunch at LY's

Chocolate sablée base with Cream and Fraises des bois

Before I left for Alghero, I had the fortune of being invited to brunch at LY's. L has Syrian origins, is married to a Catalan, and her family is based in Monaco. As you can see, we're always in a very international setting. She's also one of the founding members of our Cooking Club.

View from LY's balcony

The flat is very bright and airy with a large balcony and a view of the Duomo in Modena centro. The brunch spread was amazing, both a feast for the eyes and the palette. I believe that L started preparing the meal very early in the morning.

Part of the savoury spread

It was always nice catching up with the other ladies and that morning I learnt about the differences between Coca Zero and Coca Light and why it's better not to drink Sprite - thanks to a mum who used to study the subject as a Marketing expert in Serbia.

The spread - where do I start? We had both sweet and savoury dishes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I looked at the food and told myself that I really have alot to learn about presentation.

Salad, sandwiches, cheese terrine, asparagus gratin, vegetable strudel...

I wish I could say that I took a bit of everything, but of course it was more like I took quite a bit of everything. It was difficult to resist and you just had to give everything a try.

Banana cake

What a very lovely morning. We had to run as school ended early that day prior to the short break, but I'm glad that I could make it to this brunch, it was really a meal not to be missed.

1 commentaire:

Gaëlle a dit…

Je suis amoureuse des fraises des bois et donc amoureuse de ta tarte aux fraises des bois!
Je suis terriblement jalouse!

Bises

Gaelle