dimanche, juin 06, 2010

Beetroot Hoummous

Beetroot Hoummous

I saw this Beetroot Hoummous the other day in a French blog C'est moi qui l'ai fait! and decided that I had to try it out. This afternoon's BBQ Lunch was the perfect occasion and I managed to find cooked chick peas and beetroot in the supermarket plus I had a third of a jar of Tahini to finish. Only problem was that 2 supermarkets ran out of Lebanese bread and I was about to make my own when I found 2 last packets in a 3rd one. Whew!

I have adapted the recipe a little to suit me and the result was very pretty and tasty. It was a hit with everyone and I think that from now on this would be my preferred hoummous.

Beetroot Hoummous :

460g cooked Chickpeas
160g cooked Beetroot
4 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp dry roasted Cumin seeds
Juice of 1 Lime and 1 large Lemon
6 Tbsp Olive Oil (and 1 Tbsp extra for garnishing)
3 Garlic cloves (could be grilled)
Salt to taste

ground paprika and a few whole chickpeas for garnishing

Process everything into a fine paste.

Before serving, drizzle more olive oil on top of the hoummous. Serve with pita bread or raw vegetable sticks.

Aucun commentaire: