mercredi, mars 17, 2010

Grade 2 Chinese Lunch

Food's almost gone by the time I remembered to take a picture

It is difficult to believe that it snowed last week. Because for a few days now we've been hitting 15°C, sunny blue skies and all. And this afternoon 9 ladies had lunch at the Chinese restaurant in Formigine. It's a Grade 2 lunch though only half the class could make it today and we had the Spanish grandma of a Grade 3 child joining us because I am fond of her. Class Rep's priviledge.

I've been hoping to practise my Spanish but damn it, it's too rotten now. Totally polluted by Italian. I am disappointed - with myself, of course. Would have to hit the books again and keep listening to Rosario...

Don't these ladies look gorgeous?

Lunch wasn't too bad given the limits of the Chinese restaurants here, in any case my dear friends seemed to have enjoyed it. We had :

Hot and Sour Soup

Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls

Grilled Meat Dumplings

Cantonese Fried Rice

Fried Rice Vermicelli

Chicken with Ginger

Duck with Chinese Mushrooms

Broccoli with Prawns

French Beans with Pork

This is for those who may wish to order the same dishes when they go there without me. But remember to call ahead to make sure that they have the vegetables. Now that Spring is almost here, the next few Grade 2 events will surely be held outdoors. I'm looking forward to them already.

Aucun commentaire: