mardi, mars 09, 2010

Chinese Sausage and Poached Egg with Egg Noodles

Chinese Sausage and Poached Egg with Egg Noodles

The first year we were here in Modena, it probably snowed for a day or 2. Hub (the Cartesian) laughed at me in disbelief when I told him that the tenants before us had to buy a snow mobile one year because it snowed alot.

The house at 4:40pm
Well, we've certainly seen snow this year. And if we had stayed around during Christmas, we probably would have been snowed in. As it was, we managed to escape after spending an hour clearing the snow leading to and around the gate.

The gate

I still cannot believe that so near to Spring it's still snowing away. As I was braving the snow storm to drive the Teenager to his guitar lesson, he started to share his theory (about icebergs melting, the usual stuff) with me. But all I wanted is to dig a hole in the ground and sleep. Or eat - somemore.


I looked around the kitchen and decided to use up my last red wine Chinese sausage. Made a bowl of comfort food : Chinese Sausage and Poached Egg with Egg Noodles. Though I only managed 2 yummy bites of it before the Babies arrived and marched away with my bowl. They attacked the noodles like savages and even had the audacity to mock me at the end of it, passing me an empty bowl and telling me that they had left me something to finish. Talk about ungrateful children.

2 commentaires:

One Wheel a dit…

Teenager is right, the weather is running amok these days due to global warming. We are deprived of rain here in Feb & Mar and the temp hits an average of 34-36 on many days. Bushfires raged around the island also, causing haze. Duno how to tahan when June, July comes. Given the choice, will you choose heavy snow or unbearable heat?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Actually I must say I love it when it snows. It's actually not as cold and the kids could play with the snow. Everyone's happy.

Only problem is when you need to get out of the house. I'm lucky I have food stocked up.

No rain in Singapore? Now, that's really unusual! Still, I'm looking forward to warmer weather - the cold depresses me.