mardi, décembre 01, 2009

No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake

No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake

I have mentioned before that I do not eat cheesecakes. Which is a pity since I like almost everything that goes into making one. Then I realised that I probably do not like it baked (while Hub prefers it baked). Which brought me to making this No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake. I love Oreos.

I am a catastrophy at baking mainly because I am not precise in my measurements and technique. And I probably enjoy making this cheesecake so much because it is quite forgiving and leaves room for personal taste (e.g. more cream less cream, more cookie base or less...). Then Hub and I quarrelled over whether to add lemon juice or not into this cheesecake, he said that good cheesecakes have lemon juice and I said that I'm not very fond of them precisely because of that. Well, the Teenager and Baby Girl loved this cheesecake and the former just had one criticism : too lemony. So who's (always) right? Anyway, now the Hub says it's perfect :-).

No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake :

The cake base :

20 Oreo cookies (finely crushed)
125g Butter (melted)

The filling :

250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
250g Mascarpone
150g Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
100ml Whipping cream
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
4-6 Oreo Cookies (crushed roughly - for both the filling and the decoration)

It's very easy to make so I'll skip the instructions. Just that I used only about 2/3 of the filling for the cheesecake and one problem I had was the lack of freezer space so I didn't bother to freeze it. I left it in the fridge overnight so it wasn't stiff and doesn't cut cleanly, otherwise taste-wise it was yummy.

Very very fattening though, just found out this afternoon that Hub has been invited to the Ferrari Club Italia Christmas dinner in 2 weeks and partners are included in the invitation. I've put on so much weight lately (on top of those gained in the last 2 years), what am I going to wear? I probably shouldn't go, will surely be the fattest and least branded female around, but can't resist the thought of a free dinner.

Aucun commentaire: