- Nirvana (2 Owen Road, #02-01 Fortuna Hotel, Singapore 218842. Tel: 6297 0400. MRT Station : Farrer Park) - some of the best Indian food that we've eaten anywhere. Everything seems to be made from scratch, they also do caterings and home deliveries.
- Club Chinois (1 Tanglin Road, #02-18 Orchard Parade Hotel, Singapore 247905. Tel: +65 6834 0660) - we held our wedding there a few years ago and never fail to return for their weekend brunch (S$48++ pax, 120 dishes to choose from) whenever we could. The best of East and West, I love their Braised Chef's Tofu with Nameko Mushrooms, for example, not to forget their Tim Sum, roasts etc.
- Chin Wah Heng (1202 East Coast Parkway, #01-01, Singapore 449881. Tel: 6444 7967) - my childhood seafood joint. We always order their Golden Fragrance Crabs (gumhiong hai) that incidentally is not on the menu. When you order their Drunken Prawns, they usually show you the live prawns before cooking them. Service however is so-so.
- Red House (1204, #01-05, East Coast Parkway. Tel: 64423112) - new for us, a more modern seafood joint.
- Soup Restaurant - for its Samsui Chicken, of course!
- Sun with Moon (501 Orchard Road, #03-15 Wheelock Place, Singapore 238880. Tel: 6733 6636) - Japanese fusion dining and café, went there at least 4 times ever since my dear friend One Wheel treated us to it. We especially like their Foie Gras sushi and Green Tea Tiramisu.
Not to forget good Chinese vegetarian food!!! The ones that make fake pork taste like real ones :-).
Finally, I digress. The above's the facade of my brother's new flat in Buangkok. HDB flats look quite like condos nowadays, don't you think so?