vendredi, janvier 22, 2010

Baked Chocolate & Banana Puffs

Baked Chocolate and Banana Puffs

The whole school will be performing this evening at the Palafitta in Montale. I was there this morning to check out the place and the Middle Years students were there busy as bees trying to decorate the hall, get the stage ready etc. They have been given the job to organise this edition of the Winter Spettacolo. And they were the ones who have decided that there would be something to eat after the performance.

That is how I have ended up organising the after-show buffet. In a way this is not a bad idea as there are new families who have arrived at the school in January and would surely welcome the opportunity to meet the rest of the school community.

Baked Curry Puffs

Baked Sardine Puffs

Anyway, this means that I have just spent my morning baking 21 Sardine Puffs and 83 small Curry Puffs. Not one to waste if I can help it, I used the leftover puff pastry dough to make a few Baked Chocolate & Banana Puffs with the poor lonely banana that has been sitting around in the kitchen for a while. And dark chocolate that I somehow always have somewhere in my larder.

Making use of leftover pastry dough

This thing goes down the throat really well. I thought I had just taken a bite and before I knew it, there was nothing left in my hand. Since it's best eaten hot, I do not think that it'd be wise to wait for the kids to come home from school. Besides, who left that poor banana all alone all this while?

Aucun commentaire: