dimanche, septembre 28, 2008

Udon Soup with Grilled Duck Breast

Udon Soup with Grilled Duck Breast

We all love Udon Soup in this family. And it goes beautifully with Grilled Duck Breast (Magret de Canard).

The Osso Bucco

My last soup stock was made with a Beef Osso Bucco, fennel bulb, onions and whole spices (e.g. cinnamon, star anise, cloves...), not to forget some light soy sauce, sesame oil, white wine/sake and salt. I use different stocks for my udon and spices go well with duck so that's why I made the stock I made.


Before adding the stock

The duck breast was just grilled on both sides on a heavy grill, sliced thinly (pink on the inside) and then served on top of the udon with the hot stock poured over it. With your choice of the greens and chilli too if you so desire.

3 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Wow, looks yum! You get udon there? That's great.

petite fleur a dit…

I love the combination of duck & noodles. As much as I love noodles, udon is not really my thing but this sounds great, I'll probably try with ramen.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I found them in the Chinese shop at Reggio Emilia - not exactly near my place.

Actually I prefer the thinner udon that you have to cook yourself, but the kids love the thick ones that need to be sucked into the mouth and that will slide down the throat...