samedi, septembre 06, 2008

Poulet aux Girolles

The Girolles in a white wine, garlic and cream sauce

On one of my recent trips to the supermarket I found some Girolles (or better Chanterelle for the anglophones) and proceeded to make a Poulet rôti aux Girolles whose recipe I've actually posted ages ago in this blog.

Fresh girolles

Only difference being that I used a whole chicken this time instead of chicken filet. And the whole chicken I roasted in a Le Creuset cocotte (takes a shorter time to cook, doesn't dry out the meat and keeps all the juices in the pot) with some olive oil, Herbs de Provence and white wine. And just 15 minutes before the chicken is ready, I added in the cleaned girolles, some chopped garlic and parsley, cover the cocotte again till everything is cooked through.

Nothing exciting, just the chicken

Remove the cover, take the chicken out for carving. Then add some crème fraîche to the girolles and chicken juices remaining in the cocotte and stir well, reducing the sauce if necessary over a slow fire. Serve hot over the chicken pieces. Goes well with garlicked fried potatoes and some white rice.

In the cocotte

At times like this I really miss my open markets in Paris where when the mushrooms were in season I would find them easily and be able to decorate my salads, steaks, toasts, pasta etc etc with girolles and other mushrooms in season.

Aucun commentaire: