vendredi, avril 18, 2008

Prawns in Coconut Curry

Prawns in Coconut Curry

The Hub was getting worried (for his dinner) last evening when he arrived home to find me still peeling prawns. And then in less than 20 mins he was sitting at the table enjoying a Prawn in Coconut Curry. Not bad, n'est-ce pas?

I came back from Singapore in January with a few Ginger Flowers/Buds. My absolute favourite Sting Ray in Assam Pedas sauce called for it. Except of course that now my freezer is full thanks to the ginger buds but I couldn't find any sting ray to cook them with.

Ginger Bud

Since I had some sauce leftover from the garlic venus clams and gambas, I used it as stock for this curry. Another great idea, if I may say so. Lotus is in a self-praising mood today as one may see. Maybe because she's gonna start her flute lessons today - at long last. Needs to start practising a bit of blowing.

Why the flute? Because it's portable? And a beautiful instrument. I bought a Yamaha 4 years ago in Paris and started lessons but had to stop rather quickly when I gave birth to Baby Boy. Now looks like a good time to put that expensive flute to some use. And the flute does go wonderfully with the piano.

Prawns in Coconut Curry :

Prawns (peeled except for the tail)
Garlic
Fresh Chilli
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Onion
Ginger Flower
Cinnamon Stick
Star Anis
Kaffir Lime Leaves
Fish Curry Powder
Fish Stock
Coconut Milk
Fish Sauce
Cherry Tomatoes
Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper

Marinate the prawns with a paste made of garlic, chilli and coriander leaves. Then proceed as per usual.

As for the flute lesson, it turned out quite well. Got a young Italian medical student with a Jane Birkin-like smile for my teacher. I didn't do too badly for a 1st lesson, managed to blow 3 notes. Only the left arm and the fingers were all cramped half-way through and I've blown half a tonne of saliva into my instrument.

3 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

I have always loved the flute. Good luck with your lessons.

daphne a dit…

how quick! hehe. Speedy dinner!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks, I hope I'll stick with it at least till I get to blow a nice piece of music. But I am not so sure about my fingers or arm...