dimanche, avril 13, 2008

Cantonese-Style Egg Noodles with Prawn Dumplings and Barbecue Pork

Cha Siu Shuijiao Egg Noodles

OK, we do not have fresh egg noodles here. But I found some dehydrated ones and they made me want to eat egg noodles. I had a pack of shuijiao (dumpling) skins from Singapore in the freezer and Brother C gave me a bottle of Char Siu sauce. I usually make my own Char Siu (Barbecue Pork), but the ready-made sauce looked interesting and I wanted to test it out. So what did that lead us to? Egg Noodles with Prawn Dumplings and Barbecue Pork.

And I made the dry version with a 2-soy, oyster, sherry, sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chilli, chicken stock and tomato ketchup sauce. And baby spinach. Happy food.

Prawn Rolls (Afternoon snack)

5 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

The wanton noodles look gorgeous. I love them anytime. So do the prawn rolls.

daphne a dit…

oh yum!!!!! I like the addition of bbq pork on noodles anytime.

Anonyme a dit…

Your prawn snack looks delicious. You bring back wantan skin and ginger bud,wow! Here we cheat, for snack I feed everyone haw flakes.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I like Haw Flakes too and now I know why my waist keeps expanding because I couldn't stay away from those fried stuff.

And I certainly love BBQ pork on anything. I am having visions of char siu puffs and char siu buns but am too lazy to make them...

s4usabs a dit…

hi, I've seen ur blog is very exciting. can you tell me how to make the crispy king prawn rolls.They have them at my local Chinese restaurant and i love them sooooo much. They look pretty simple but i guess it's that,that you have to get right.Pastry type perhaps, something you do with the prawns before wrapping, the type of oil used to fry them in? please, I'd really appreciate it.x