mercredi, novembre 07, 2007

When you buy a few things to make up for 1 you didn't (couldn't) buy


Cultured Pearl White Gold Ring

The Hub made the mistaking of involving me in his search for Golf Clubs. Because this means starting me on my shopping mood. And once I get started I have difficulty stopping, certainly not at something as boring as golf clubs.

So first I drove an hour to the Max Mara outlet to buy a few scarves and then a few hours on the Yoox website where I shed a few tears. Because I lost a David Fielden red silk dress that I've been eyeing for months. I had it in my shopping basket, but wasn't fast enough in checking it out. Some idiot beat me to it. I tried to comfort myself by getting a pair of capri pants and a corset from Dolce & Gabbana, plus a silk dress each from Zinco and Massimo Danieli, but it's difficult replacing your 1st love, I'm sure you'll understand the feeling.

Then this morning, 6 months after my last Golay Pearls (of Switzerland) jewellery spree, I er went on another one and got myself a few little beauties. I did restrain myself and remove the Tahiti pearls from my basket though (for the next time, I promised myself). Now the only thing left to do is finding some financing for the spoils.

From the last spree : 7mm Akoya Pearl necklace

And a reason for getting them in the first place.

11mm Pear-shaped pearl pendant
150 cm cultured pearl necklace

Should I say that they were for our last wedding anniversary or for my last Birthday? I'm not going to involve Christmas yet as you never know what you may find in Singapore nearer that time. LOL

8 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

Lotus, has virtual money changed hands yet for the pearls? If not, I suggest you wait and see what you can find at places like Mikimoto in Singapore. I love Mikimoto cultured pearls and they have nice designs too. I find the pearls in Europe over-priced. Btws, I love the pendant. Damn, now you got me thinking....:(

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Of course it has, my dear.

I've been to Mikimoto in Singapore a few years back but didn't find anything I like. Actually when it comes to pearls I'm very basic, I like them really simple and classic, no need any design.

My only pearl fetish at the moment is for irregular pear-shaped or baroque pearls, I saw them dangling on a girl's ears once and thought they looked great. So now I've gotten the pendant and will have to hunt for the earrings :-).

Pris a dit…

hey serene dear! Yr pearls look amazing! You got to wear them sometime with some nice dress and take a photo of yourself! If you don´t want to show your face, you can take a photo of yourself in the dress and the pearls. Would love to see what the pearls look like on you! Btw, I think its still sweet that yr hubby did have dinner with you on yr bday! As wat dutchess says, baby steps!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Want to see the pearls you must come to Modena (smirk).

Dutchess a dit…

Ack! I forgot to ask you to show me your strand of pearls the last time. Your ruby and diamond ring was a stunner though. If for whatever the reason, you ahem, decide you don't like it anymore, you can, ahem, pass it down my way, ahem.... *cough cough*

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Nice buys, and happy shopping for the pear-shaped or baroque earrings. :)

Hornbill a dit…

>>If for whatever the reason, you ahem, decide you don't like it anymore, you can, ahem, pass it down my way, ahem.... *cough cough<<

....and Dutchess, if you also decide you don't like it anymore, you know who to pass to..ahem..ahem...:-D

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Well Gals, I officially told the Hub that no jewellery will be wasted on me since I have a daughter to pass them to...

J, you're in jewellery paradise, man, think Antwerp and Brussels and so on. Hub must count his lucky stars I'm not anywhere near those cities.

But I agree that that ruby ring's a stunner, especially those baguette diamonds, right? Understand why I had to get it...

On the other hand, if the price is very very good, I may consider...LOL