lundi, novembre 05, 2007

Apple Tartlets

Apple Tartlets

At this moment, I would see a tractor from every window of my house. You can hear them purring through the fields from sunrise till past sunset, preparing the soil for next year's Barley crops (or so I was told). I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't get out of the house, wave at them and try to make some neighbourly conversation, maybe even serve them coffee and a few tarts. But of course the difference between fantasy and action chez moi is usually wide so I'm only just managing to tell you about this in the comfort of my swivel chair.

But tarts I did make a few lately. It's the cold, I keep looking around for reasons to do some (simple) baking and so bake (simply) I did.


One of the last things I baked : Apple Tartlets. The kind of no-fuss baking I enjoy. Just puff or sweetcrust pastry, fresh apples, brown sugar, salted butter, ground cinnamon, 15-20 minutes in a hot oven and basta.

And was rewarded with the kids gobbling them down in no time, what could make a mother happier, right?

Aucun commentaire: