jeudi, novembre 22, 2007

Minced Pork and Chinese Cabbage Rice Porridge

Minced Pork Rice Porridge

Now and then I like to prepare something in a rather important quantity and then spend the next day or 2 transforming the leftovers. I actually find that quite an interesting exercise.

So the other day I bought some minced pork. Used some of it for the fried spring rolls. Then I marinated the remaining pork with some light soy sauce, sesame oil, dry sherry, sugar, garlic, grated ginger, salt, pepper, fresh chilli and chinese cabbage.

Steamed Pork with Egg

One portion I put in a metal bowl, added in some coriander leaves and 2 lightly beaten eggs and steamed it for 10-15 minutes. That made one light and tasty Steamed Pork with Egg, Hubby actually liked it very much. Mom used to make us that quite often when we were kids. It would taste even better with some tofu and salted fish, but the Hub would freak out.

The other portion I made a Minced Pork and Chinese Cabbage Rice Porridge with. Just Jasmine rice that I soaked in a little sesame oil, added water to and brought to a boil with a little salt. When I've cooked it to my desired consistency (about 2 hours, stirring constantly), I added in the marinated pork and cabbage and cooked it together for at least another 3o minutes.

This was comfort food as I do so love rice porridge (especially abalone, pig's liver...). I served the porridge with some of the Gnocco fritto and fried onions. Another portion I experimented a bit and added in some Balsamic Vinegar. Not bad at all.

Aucun commentaire: