lundi, novembre 19, 2007

Lunch at G's

Lebanese Oatmeal Soup

G cooked us a lovely lunch this afternoon, starting with a Lebanese Oatmeal Soup, which was really tasty - salty, chewy, liquid at the same time. E, one of the French ladies, didn't have any of it though as she is currently on a one-month diet which demands her to spend the 1st 15 days eating only proteins and the next 15 alternating between proteins and vegetables but with no right to any carbo at all. I can live without meat or vegetables but I hold my rice quite dearly unfortunately. But apparently this diet works, she has already lost 3 kgs and will normally lose 11 by the end of the month.

It was followed by a Poulet à l'Estragon served with Lebanese-style white rice and a yoghurt sauce that I unfortunately didn't taste as I'm not fond of yoghurt at all. But the chicken was tasty and I had a few servings of the carbo. Bad Lotus.

Poulet à l'éstragon

The worst best was to come last - a very moist and yummy Chocolate Cake! E resisted to the very end while F and myself had more than a bit of everything. Only that F is very svelte and I am not.

Chocolate Cake

So we chatted in French about this and that, complaining or praising our men (depending on whether he belongs to the former or latter camp), basically getting to know one another a little better. R (who's married to a French) didn't turn up but she didn't inform us either that she wouldn't turn up, so there was quite a bit of food left. With December being a busy month, I doubt if we'll have another gathering then so the next one will probably have to wait till late Jan or early Feb. It'll be E's or R's turn to host it, I intend to do it last for once.

Aucun commentaire: