mercredi, novembre 21, 2007

Lotus' Quick Oatmeal Soup

Quick Oatmeal Soup

Freshly inspired by G's Lebanese Oatmeal Soup, Lotus decided to make her own Oatmeal Soup for lunch today. Hot soup instead of the usual snack not because she has suddenly become health conscious, but because all the heaters are out since yesterday and Lotus is freezing to her bones. And no news yet about anybody coming over to help fix the problem.

Quick Oatmeal Soup :

Quaker Quick-cooking or Traditional Oats (quantity depends on how thick you like your soup)
Chicken Broth
Celery
Fresh Chilli
Thyme
Brown Mushrooms
Pepper

I've also added in some of the leftover cooking juice from yesterday's mussles. Yes, Belgian-style Moules Frites! LOL

And as you can see, I like my oatmeal soup thick, chewy and starchy.

4 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

Oh my goodness! Your heater is kapot???!!! My heart really goes out to you. What about buying those portable ones for the time being? Perhaps the local Media Markt may have them? How do you shower in the mornings?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

The guy came and left with the kaput fuse for the thermostat. But we have heating again as it will just be turned on all the time until he comes back with a new fuse. Will be expensive having the heater on full blast all the time in the meantime.

To tell the truth, I didn't bother to bathe for a few days. But then I don't ever smell so it's OK (haha).

Dutchess a dit…

Ah, okay. So you do have heat...

OMG, I really salute you for not bathing. I have to, twice a day, even in the dead of winter. For that reason, we installed a second portable heater in our bathroom.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Twice a day - such a waste of water and cream leh.