vendredi, novembre 16, 2007

Fighting Kids Part II

Baby Girl spent 2 days with me and 3 nights in my bed. Meaning I've slept badly as I'm a light sleeper and hear almost everything. I woke up every hour last night, for example, as I keep hearing the electricity supply to the phone being being cut off and returned all night long. There was also the wind howling away, of course.

I didn't bring her to the doctor. No, I'm not sadistic, but I usually let my children recover as much as they could on their own if the illness permits. I keep a tight watch on their symptoms, of course, and just treat them (e.g. panadol for fever or pain, cough mixture for cough etc). I try to distinguish between a viral or bacterial infection. If by the 2nd or 3rd day there is no improvement, I'll send them to the doctor - but not before. I like to think that that's why they are rarely sick (touch wood) and that that contributed to their being very good sick patients in general.

I thank those of you who have expressed concern over Baby Girl's health and want you to know that I appreciate this very much. One great thing about blogging is that though we may often not have met each other (yet), there is a certain spirit in the community that ties us together, not to forget reasons for blogging e.g. food, children or travel.

Meanwhile, I have been approached by Baby Boy's teacher yesterday. H's mom had gone to her. Now the teacher tells me that the boy has stopped hitting my children for a few weeks now but that whenever somebody does something wrong, they will tend to blame it on the boy! Now you understand why it's difficult for criminals to start anew...ok, it's not to be joked about (guilty look).

I've brought those two monkeys aside and told them that it is wrong to put the blame on people for things they didn't do (wrong). If the teacher would talk to the mothers of the other children doing this maybe H will have a better time in class and not be tempted to be aggressive with the others etc. Vicious cycle & Co....

I've written an email to his mother to inform her that I've talked to my children about this and to apologise.

2 commentaires:

Pris a dit…

Dear Serene! =) Just wanted to add an encouraging note too, even though I don´t have kids of my own - so can´t empathize with the vomitting and all. But you´re one tough cookie too! Its not easy with all the moving to different countries and you´re really taking it your stride, which is really admirable too! => I think its so important for children to know that their parents stand up for them in school and its ´"bemerkenswert" - noteworthy that you "investigate" what´s really happening, such that you get the full picture. Well done! *pat pat* - You´re a great mom you know!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Pris that was really sweet and kind of you and that German word was very cheem leh!