mardi, novembre 13, 2007

R's Birthday

Happy Bday, R!

This has been a busy week so far. Monday after Italian class I attended the PTA Meeting at school where a Swedish mom actually said it outright that she had about enough of the fundraising madness. But well for this year, since we've started the ball rolling, I think we should get on with it and make sure it arrives at its destination with minimum mishap. So I have my International Buffet to run and I'll do my best by it.

Then this afternoon I attended R's Bday lunch with a few other mothers, including a Swedish lady (child used to attend the school) whose Hubby owns many Ferraris. She's really quite fun and not quite like most straight-faced Swedes around, it was really quite a nice lunch. We were 7 guests who turned up (plus a few kids), ate pasta and seafood salad and had a few glasses of white wine and R had a lovely Bday cake and told us she felt younger than ever. Well, she does look at least 10 years younger than she really is.

With such a lastminute invitation, most of us had some difficulty finding her a suitable gift. R has loads of branded stuff so if we should decide on Fashion it would mean a trip to Bologna or Milan and nobody had the time for that. So we played safe and I had the unoriginal idea of offering her a cookbook on Chinese cooking (she did say she could eat Chinese every day) and with too many people wanting to share paying for it, we had to add an Eros CD and a decoration object. Hopefully we'll do better the next time, though she did say she loved the book as she enjoys collecting cookbooks. Archiving this piece of new info.

I'm starting to get quite chummy with G, a Christian Lebanese married to a Swede and she wants me to go over to her place on Friday and teach her how to cook Thai. So I did manage to get someone interested in my cooking-together offer after all. Things are starting to look up here.

R (an American mother) had her son throwing up at the school's gate this morning. The Vice Principal had to exercise her mopping up skills in front of the whole school. Baby Girl has been showing all the other symptoms for a few days now, so I'm expecting the climax any moment now. Only with my kind of luck she'll be doing it in her bed, after dinner, in the middle of the night. With no one to admire my cleaning up skills.

Aucun commentaire: