dimanche, novembre 11, 2007

The Baudelins came to lunch

Raspberry Mascapone Millefeuille

I did say that we would be inviting all the French families we know in Modena to lunch at our place. And I like to keep my word. Even if at the moment I do not really feel like entertaining, me not having cleaned house in a while, have not yet decided what to do for Baby Girl's coming Birthday, the X'mas Fair's round the corner, Eldest Son has another presentation coming up and I've yet to pack and buy gifts for my trip home to Singapore...And not being a multi-task person, I have no idea where to start.

But when you keep bumping into people at school and you hear your own words telling them that you would be inviting them soon ringing in your own ears, you know that for your own sanity you had to get on with it.

The Baudelins turned up at noon for lunch. With 3 girls in tow. Their eldest is in the same class as my eldest, though they are like day and night, their girl being the sort who does all her homework in time and on her very own. Yin and Yang, you understand.

I didn't cook anything new as I didn't want to spend my time thinking about what and how to prepare anything. Besides the Hub overslept and didn't help out as he said he would, so just as well that I just did a few classic stuff :

  • Mini Prawn Quiches

I used foie gras de canard mi-cuit and a sweet Italian Passito wine this time around
  • White Wine & Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Garlic Green Beans
In memory of the Bs' few years spent living in Morocco
  • French Cheeses
  • Chocolate Whipped Cream and Mascarpone Millefeuille with Raspberries
Hub remarked that those French girls were pretty well-behaved and quite a change from most other kids who would have razed half our toys in no time. And I am quite fond of F, one of those rare straight-talking mothers from the school who do not wear their money at the front of their T-shirts. But then that's also something quite French, being obvious about having money is usually considered vulgar so they usually try to be subtil about it.

The coming week promises to be another busy one. PTA Meeting on Monday, R's Birthday lunch on Tuesday, Mothers' Lunch on Wednesday...And I should really get to clearing out the spare room upstairs as that may just be a good place to do Baby Girl's Bday Party in...

3 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Hey Serene, I´ve privatised my blog. Could you send me an email at pristanny@gmail.com so that I can let you know how you can access my blog! Thks!

SIG a dit…

You are such a great cook! Everything you prepare is so nice.

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

I love your cooking, and everything looks so good!