vendredi, novembre 09, 2007

Curry Soupy Days

Japanese Potato & Carrot Curry with Tempura Okra, Sweet Potato, Zucchini & Red Pepper

I've gained 4 kgs in 2 weeks and knowing that Singapore and more kilos are round the corner, I've been trying to eat less for dinner. So this translated to a week of soupy stuff, from Herbal Chicken Soup to Curry Noodle Soup to Bak Kut Teh. Only exception was Japanese Curry but that's ok since we had mainly vegetables (in tempura batter heh heh) to go with it. And no, this diet doesn't seem to work, in case you should want to try.

The Japanese Curry never fails to remind me of my teenage years when I would take a bus to Yaohan Thompson just to eat its Japanese Chicken Curry. I am no longer fond of the sweet and sticky curry as an adult but it does go so very well with the Japanese rice that I am still very fond of today.

Anyway, how I end up making a dish sometimes is weird even for me. In this case I remember that I had some okra. So with okra I normally do a sambal or an Indian curry. Except that I was on the Net and lost track of time and dinner had to be out in under 30 minutes. So I decided to tempura the okra and at the same time cook the sweet potatoes that I've been forgetting to cook for a few weeks now. When you think Tempura you think Japanese so I did a Jap curry aka just dissolve curry cubes in hot water. I attended a Japanese cooking class at the California Sushi Academy in Singapore and trust me, that's how they taught us how to make Japanese curry.

I think I was a bit paiseh about using such a shortcut method so I worked on my rice and spiced it.

Spiced Basmati Rice

For the Curry Noodle Soup, "curry" is a generic term for me not being able to decide if I wanted to do a sayur lodeh or a laksa. So I sort of did both. And even made my own fish cakes from scratch.

Curry Noodle Soup

Fish Paste

Fish Cakes

Meanwhile, I do not know if this is a sign telling me not to get pregnant again or I will be having twins - because one out of 2 eggs that I crack nowadays seem to have twin egg yolks!!! But for that I've been having pretty cute hard-boiled eggs...


The Yahoo Weather Report depicted leaves falling for their weather prediction for today. I was telling myself that there was something wrong with that. That was last night. This morning, leaves all around me did fall and probably half of them turned up at my doorstep.

Aucun commentaire: