vendredi, novembre 16, 2007

Cooking with GA

Just when I was going to give up my idea of cooking with the mothers, G came to me asking if I could teach her how to cook Asian. So I found myself this morning at her place after sending the kids to school, preparing Chicken in Thai Green Curry and a few Vietnamese Raw Spring Rolls using Prawns, Rice Vermicelli and Salad. Simple dishes to start with.

Chicken in Thai Green Curry

It was nice cooking together as we could chat as we cook. Not quite like in my student days (and those were good ones) but close enough. Now it's adult talk, the kids etc. And we didn't have to stinch with the ingredients, nor worry about who pays for what.

We started the morning with a nice platter of sweet petits fours from this pastry shop that I've discovered yesterday in the centre of Formigine, and she cooked me a very nice lunch of Chilli and Coriander Prawns with Lebanese-style steamed Rice. Really simple and good. I went home that evening and made my own version (using olive oil and adding garlic to the chilli and coriander) for the Hub.

G's Prawns in Chilli and Coriander

On Monday G will be hosting our 2nd French-speaking Mothers' gathering and she has decided to offer us lunch! I guess my diet is not looking rosy at the moment.

And as I was loading the kids in the car after school this afternoon, K the President of the PTA sauntered up to me. How about offering to cook a meal for 4 on a Friday evening for the Christmas Fair auction?

Besides me having something better to do than delivering a meal to who-knows-where on a Friday evening, goodness, what if nobody wants to bid for it???

Aucun commentaire: