mardi, octobre 28, 2008

Onara on ze Flute


A few of you may remember me being so in love with Dae Jang Geum when I watched the Korean Drama serial. I not only liked the story but also the characters and especially the music.

I managed to find a score for the Onara theme song then but it was too easy for the piano and therefore uninteresting.

Then last week I had sudden inspiration and tried the score out on the flute. And it was much better!

Then I showed it to my dear Flute teacher and he pointed out to me that the music's in the E-minor Pentatonic scale. But of course. Now that I think of it, much of the folk music in Asia (e.g. Japan, China, Indonesia, Korea, Mongolia etc) uses pentatonic scales both major and minor.

And with this one could figure out the other songs in the drama series rather easily.

If only I'm still young and have flexible breath and fingers...

Aucun commentaire: