mardi, novembre 17, 2009

Home-made Lasagna with Cepe/Porcini Mushrooms

Lasagna ai Funghi Porcini

One good way not to forget a cooking lesson is to try it out on one's own quickly. I therefore set out to knead and roll out some dough for lasagna and squid ink tagliatelle this morning. Dinner this evening was therefore Fresh Lasagna with Cepe/Porcini Mushrooms.

Lasagna al Ragu (with one stray mushroom)

Actually it was Lasagna ai Funghi Porcini for the parents and Lasagna al ragu for the children. And I baked both in the same recipient.

2-in-1 Lasagna

There are 2 ways basically to cook lasagna using fresh pasta. The first and better way is to cook the pasta 30 seconds in salted boiling water, rinse it in a cold bath and dry it with kitchen towels; the second is to use it directly in making the lasagna (if it's thin enough). I took the easier way out this evening.

Pasta for lasagna in the making

The bechamel I prepared myself (40g butter, 40g flour and 500ml milk) and hors feu I stirred in grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper for extra taste.


My lasagne is composed of a layer of bechamel followed by a layer of pasta, followed by a layer of the mushroom or meat filling, more bechamel, another layer of pasta and so on. The top-most layer was pasta and bechamel and some grated cheddar. 35 minutes in a hot oven pre-heated at 180°C.

Aucun commentaire: