samedi, septembre 01, 2007

Eldest Son A Future Star?

Eldest Son and Crazy Frog aka The Annoying Thing

This is my first born. My little accident during my Post-Grad student years. The one who changed my life. Who made me give up my earlier desire never to marry or to have children. One of the reasons why I now spend my life in supermarkets.

Ask a kid of his age what he/she would like to be later on and the kid would probably say Fireman, Teacher, Policeman, Lawyer, Doctor...

"What will you be son?"

"I'm going to be a Star."

Sigh, what did I eat wrong during my pregnancy?

Honestly I am not a mother who places her unfulfilled ambitions on her children. I am lucky enough to almost always get what I want so I'm not deprived and suffering. I just want my children to be happy in whatever they do and not end up sweeping the public roads. But a Star?

Why the hell would one want to be a Star? Sex, drugs, scandals, unhappy relationships are the things that come to mind.

"But I'll be rich and can buy you a villa."

Sigh again, poor kid. He has always been a dreamer and very out of touch with the real world. We have been scaring him in the last few years telling him that if he doesn't do well in school he'll end up working as a cashier at Franprix. He is very lazy and must have come to the conclusion that if he becomes a Star he would be rich without having to do well in school. Arrgh...

But then you never know. Nowadays one doesn't necessarily have to go to drama school to become a Star. With Tele-reality shows, one could rocket to stardom on the public's whim. Maybe he would gain fame if they do one on

Who can sit in from of the TV or Playstation and not move the longest?

And talk for hours and never about anything except TV and Games?

I may get to live in a Villa after all.

2 commentaires:

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

What a cutie!
LOL! Love your post! I have two toddlers and can't wait to hear what they'll say.;)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

No need to be in a hurry. Enjoy their babyhood while you still can. Trust me, the worst is yet to come.