mercredi, septembre 26, 2007

Creating to be Creative

I am kicking myself as I'm writing this because my inner self is telling me to be gracious and take whatever comes and not have to analyse everything to death the way I usually do. You know, just say thank you, glad you know that I'm great, keep the prize and shut up.

V of East Meets West Kitchen has very kindly (merci beaucoup encore une fois) awarded me the


which if you trace back to its origins was an award for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo's, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd.

Creative is one of those qualities that one aspires to (though some may argue that you either have it or you don't) and which if you are not born with it (like me when it comes to anything manual), you'll have to work very hard to achieve some semblance of it.

V, the Queen of endless pots of ice cream, jams, checkerboard cakes, bref, something new every day - has announced that I have won the above award for my

Way with Words and Yummy Recipes

She has diplomatically overseen the lack of creative art work on my blog, zooming down to my only talent in this life - language. Creating sensation, thought and effect/reaction with words. Or so I hope.

Since I almost never take anything for granted, I will try to live up to this new award at least while it's still hot between the hands. At the moment, I'm trying to create :


  1. Birthday Invitation Cards for Eldest Son's coming Birthday (a real chore since I'm not artistically inclined)

  2. The illusion that I'm actually doing some housework in the house (and not looking at clothes on the Internet)

  3. Something different to eat every day (and not just recycling my meat stock)

  4. Enough memory in the brain to accommodate the Italian language (not easy since I'm not getting any younger)

  5. A few lines as to why I'm nominating the following bloggers to the same award

Please applaud

Mae's Rice and Noodles for one of the most beautiful food blogs on this earth. Her breathtaking photography, artistic good taste and surely delicious recipes add much beauty to my life. And I like the fact that she has itchy fingers and has been tampering with the layout etc of her blog. Shows that she's as human as the next person, malgré tout.

Precious Moments for the beautiful (and very difficult-looking) cupcakes and other culinary wonders she is forever creating. A creative mother is certainly precious, as you must surely agree.

Jaden's Steamy Kitchen for her beautiful self, equally beautiful photos (couldn't decide which is more beautiful, actually), steamy recipes and sometimes even steamier anecdotes. Her blog is a pleasure to read.

The Dutchess of Lekker for some of the most amazing cross-stitching I've ever seen, her creative juices that go into every sphere of her life (the kitchen is her kingdom, needless to say) and her ability to create a post about snacks in the same breath as her love for Ferragamo shoes.

Passion Fusion, an architect who cooks and bakes and who writes long long posts. His is a work of art, a pleasure for the eye and the senses, an example of French perfectionism and their love for all things beautiful (and tasty).

Thank you once again V for having thought of me.

9 commentaires:

SteamyKitchen a dit…

you are too sweet, my friend!

thank you and here's to our friendship!
xoxo
jaden

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

You are a wonderful, creative person, and well worth the award.
Congratulazioni!

Dutchess a dit…

Thanks my dear. *blush* And are you also trying to check if I read your blog everyday? LOL.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks Jeena for visiting, I certainly look forward to discovering your blog soon!

Jaden, it feels bad actually tagging you for the same award since there is no doubt that you are light years ahead in creativity, thanks for being so game about it!

V, thanks again for having thought of me! And congratulations to you too, you're a genius in the kitchen.

J, I'm checking I'm checking.

Rasa Malaysia a dit…

Thanks for voting for my butter prawns on Jaden's site. :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Your lovely dish won its vote on it own, I only did the click click :-)

Edith a dit…

thanks so much for mentioning me. You are making me blush! I have a long way to go compared to you and other fellow bloggers. Thank you, indeed make my day. (hugz)

Anonyme a dit…

Oh, my! I had the hardest day today at work and you have just melted my heart all the way to my toes!

I don't know what to say but thank you so much for such wonderful and very kind thoughts of me. I'm sure i don't deserve it at the moment for neglecting my blog?! :)

On another note, you are not only creative with writing, you are a great artist too. Keep up the great work. :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Mae I hope that things will cool down at work for you and that you'll be back blogging so that we may enjoy more of your pics, recipes and you again!