lundi, septembre 17, 2007

Lobster Risotto/Risotto au Homard/Risotto all' Astice

Risotto all'Astice

You arrived at the photo studio and of course found it closed for siesta, something that still takes some getting used to. Most shops here in Modena close between 1 and 4 in the afternoon, be it Summer or Winter and I do so very often tend to forget that and find myself on a wasted errand.

After school on this day I made my way to Formigine with the 3 kids with the express aim of having their photos taken for their new passports. Since December last year, the French Authorities demand a photograph that measures 35mm by 45mm and a measurement from chin to hairline that is between 32 and 36mm. Moral of the story, you have to spend more money and have those photographs taken in a studio, forget the machine and your own camera.

To while away the time, I decided to bring the kids to the supermarket opposite. Big mistake. Found myself screaming away as they rolled their carts down the aisles on some battle of the trolleys. Eldest Son was also filling up MY trolley with all sorts of toys I didn't say I'd buy.

Then I saw IT. A lobster. All cellophane-wrapped and waiting for me to buy it. Why not? Easy to prepare and a nice-looking dish. I wouldn't have alot of time to prepare dinner tonight so that would be perfect.


Risotto all' Astice (for 2) :

2 cups Arborio rice
800-1000g Lobster
Fumet de Poisson
Dry White Wine
Bouquet garni (bay leaves, celery, carrots, cloves, thyme, dill...)
Water
Olive Oil
Salted Butter
Shallots
Chopped Tomatoes
Crème liquide entière
Salt
Crushed Black Pepper
Coriander or Parsley
Lemon Juice and Parmesan Cheese (optional)

In a pot like Le Creuset prepare a stock in which to cook the lobster. Water - White Wine - Bouquet Garni - Fumet de Poisson brought to a boil. When the stock is fragrant, add in the lobster (cleaned, of course), cover and cook it for 10 minutes on medium heat.

When the lobster is cooked, remove it and set it on a chopping board. Remove the head and return it to the stock (simmer at least for another 15 minutes). Remove the claws, legs and set aside. Cut up the body and take out the flesh. Set aside.

In a separate casserole (I used non-stick), heat up some olive oil and brown the shallots and the lobster legs. When the shallots are done, add in some butter (I prefer salted), and when it is melted, add in the rice. Stir a little and then add in the stock. Keep adding more stock until the rice is almost cooked through. Then add in the chopped tomatoes and the cream, salt and pepper to taste. The rice should be al dente, the sauce creamy. Serve with the lobster claw, flesh etc.

For the kids, I served them Chicken Schnitzel with Peppercorn Sauce on a bed of Tagliatelle. As for the Hubby, he was really happy. How many men would return home in the week and get to eat lobster, right?

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

wow, very Supermom/ Wondercook, your husband is a lucky man indeed.

I quite like the photo booths in Paris, we can choose the ones we like, and it makes sure the photos are 'compliant' with the requirements. They don't have those in Modena?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Not sure that they'll comply with the French demands as apparently they do differ. And with the rep office an hour away in Bologna I'm taking no chances.
Thay couldn't smile in the photo, all looked like convicts.

Dutchess a dit…

The Netherlands have this no smiling rule too for passport photos so the guy taking my photos told me to stop smiling. I told him the Singapore government allowed one to smile on his/her passport photo. I cannot don't smile in photos. I look like a bitchy macik. LOL.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Hard to imagine (from your gracious shadow, legs etc) that you could look like a bitchy macik. So did you get to smile in the end? My passport is good for another few years, though at my age I wish they'll let us keep our passports for at least 20 years. So that the photo wouldn't catch up with my age. LOL.