jeudi, septembre 20, 2007

Happy 35th, A and PL!

My oldest friend A emailed to remind me that her Birthday's coming up. Just in case I've forgotten.

Well, I admit that I do not have the exact date in mind, but I do remember that it's in September. You do not forget it when you have your good friends' Birthdays before yours, you know, when you have them one month older than yourself (grin).

And in September, besides A, my other good friend PL is also turning 35. So I have company this year.

I have known A since we were 13. In Secondary School. PL since we were almost 19 - at University. We have certainly come a long way, haven't we?

A was my favourite buffet kaki in our younger days. We would turn up at 11am (opening) and stay till 3pm (closing) and always made sure we ate enough for our money. Those were the days before we had to worry about our cholesterol and body fat ratio etc. Those were the days.

The last buffet we did together was on my last trip back to Singapore, she bought me a seafood buffet dinner at the former Le Meridien Changi. The number of times I've helped myself to the Black Pepper Crabs...but even then, we've certainly grown up as we (especially not A as she is all svelte nowadays) didn't throw ourselves at all like we used to at the food. Is that good or is that bad?

Ah PL, gone too were the days when we would meet up in a group on Birthdays, catch a movie, shop and then go makan together. Nowadays I just organise Birthday parties for my children and a lunch for the Hub's and somehow nothing much ever happens on mine. Mais c'est la vie.

So Happy 35th, Girls and sorry that I couldn't be there to celebrate with you. But you know that you are in my thoughts and if my oven's working I would have baked a cake and eaten it in your honour.

Love,

S.

Aucun commentaire: