vendredi, septembre 14, 2007

Shiu Mai/Raviolis aux Crevettes et au Porc

Steamed Shiu Mai

To have more prawn shells of course must eat more prawns. So one of the last things I made before the Hae Mee was Shiu Mai (open-faced Prawn and Pork Dumplings). And since making Shiu Mai is more or less like making normal wan tons, I've also made Wan Ton Noodles in the same evening.

Shiu Mai :
Wan Ton Wrappers
Raw peeled Prawns
Minced Pork
Crabmeat
Water Chestnut
Chinese Mushrooms
Carrots
Bamboo Shoots (optional, because I'm not too fond of them)
Egg
Light Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Fish sauce
Sherry
Sesame Oil
minced fresh Ginger
Corn Starch
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Chives
Coriander Leaves

The Dip :
Light Soy Sauce
Sugar
Ginger
Sesame oil
Dark or Rice Vinegar
Chilli Oil/fresh chilli

Before being steamed

Very easy, just mix everything together in a food processor and stuff small portions onto a wrapper and fold upwards around the filling. I used my pasta pot cum steamer and prepared a soup (Ikan Bilis Stock), steaming the Shiu Mai at the same time. The Shiu Mai I served with a dip and the soup I cooked the wan tons in. I also prepared some thin egg noodles and made Kon Loh Noodles with a Stock-light Soy-Oyster-Sugar-Sesame Oil-Rice Wine sauce.


Wan Ton Egg Noodles

Actually, am quite sick of prawns now. Will cook lamb tomorrow.

2 commentaires:

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Looks yummy. Can't wait to see your lamb dish next! :)

Dutchess a dit…

Oy woman! You know what they say: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. *snigger* I don't like to mess about with my template if I can help it.

I've been meaning to make shiu mai forever but everytime I go to the asian store and buy the frozen ones instead. Maybe I should get off my lazy bum and do something about it. LOL.