jeudi, septembre 20, 2007

The Rocking Spade Identifier

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

I am sitting in front of your computer screen sharing with you the honour that I have been bestowed by the Dutchess of Cookalot recently. Her Royal Highness has majestically tagged me


And I of course have to be the country bumpkin who left her spade in the field to walk into the Oscars award ceremony, winning a trophy and not knowing in which film I've starred earlier.

But I grabbed the prize anyway, beamed, bowed in all directions of the compass, blew kisses to the audience and promised an Internet speech - once I've figured the whole thing out.

Amazing how something that was started by this Roberta who has a blog promising to share her money-making blogging techniques with new bloggers should in 3 months make its way to my ulu part of the planet. The blogosphere is what it is - an amazingly intimate and connected community. And all the more wonderful and powerful for it.

So I was told that I have won this Rockin' Girl Blogger award for my

Tantalising recipes and honest, calling a spade a spade, attitude.

Which isn't too difficult since I am stuck in the country and have been seeing quite a number of spades lying around (actually, not true. Tractors have invaded these parts)...

But it is true that I have a big mouth and is often pretty outspoken though if I do not have anything nice to say I do usually shut my trap.

It is just that I do subscribe to the freedom of speech and I believe that everyone is responsible for what he says and should at no time be told what to or not to say. You say it, you assume it. Those who heard you either agree with you or they don't. And if they don't, they can either tell you why and start a debate, or they could just agree to disagree with you and move on.

Doesn't mean that I lack manners either, I am a trained expert in Political Science and Diplomacy, I know how to dress my words according to the situation though I may be getting rusty (and rustic) through lack of practice :-).

As for my recipes, the Dutchess was being too kind. I cook out of necessity and am so bad in taking pictures I am surprised anybody found them tantalising, but that they are mostly edible I would agree, otherwise I wouldn't dare publish them for the whole world (actually just the few people who pass through) to see.

Anyway, it warms my heart and made my day that one of those few people who passed through did like what she saw enough to nominate me for this award and I thank her again for it.

To continue with the tradition, I now hope to pass on the award to a few other female bloggers :

The Dutchess because she deserves many many times this award for always managing to tickle me as I read about her beautiful recipes, amazing cross-stitching, chic shopping (especially that thing she seems to have for matching shoes and bags) and just about anything. Never a feather out of place. How does she do it?

Umami for her authoritative opinions on and understanding about food. Hers was one of the first blogs I fed myself on and I love the way she could describe and compare what she was eating. When she tells you this particular restaurant is good, you know that she is rarely wrong.

Bibou and Angel thru the Years for the energy and positiveness that this working blogger mom exudes, being everywhere and doing everything at the same time. And alway so very eager to try out new technology on the Net, giving me double vision with her endless videos...LOL

Kuidaore whom I've just discovered recently and whose postings are a pleasure not only for the eye and the senses, but an inspiration. I love her "geekness", her love for beautiful and high calibre culinary literature and her ability to execute them ensuite and make them into her own works of art. I do not know her yet but I hope I'll have the honour of doing so one of these days.

Muchas gracias
, merci beaucoup, grazie mille and to more rocking good blogs everyone!

5 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

You know what they say about people and six degrees of separation... the world is getting smaller everyday.

I see you've figured out how this thing works.

Thanks for thinking of me too.

How do I keep all my feathers in place?

I preen alot.... LOL!

Dutchess a dit…

Oh, and about your recipes... most times, I don't just look at the pics, while I'm reading the recipe, I mentally 'cook' it up in my head and imagine how it would taste like. Virtual cooking, if you will.

BibouMummy a dit…

Ooo Thank you!! I'm so honored to be bestowed a mention from you. You deserve the BIGGEST award... for your positive attitude, your kindness, generousity, oh and for getting me STARTED on blogging and definately just for being you!

Anonyme a dit…

Thank you very much! You certainly rock dear girl, I am still in deep admiration of the no-nonsense way you tackled the lobster.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

J, so now I have confirmation that you preen alot :-). I told myself, otherwise it's not possible that she's always so unruffled...

K, that was very sweet of you. And good luck going back to work, don't miss Angel too much but I know that it'll be difficult, she's soooo cute!

SW, I'm glad you liked the look of my lobster. Though it's not much work, certainly easier than preparing crab which is a pity as I way prefer crab. Just the thought of them...