mercredi, septembre 19, 2007

Me have cleaned house - finally

I finally vacuumed and mopped the 2 upper floors this morning. Though if I had to do this every week (and I'll definitely have to) I'd break down as housecleaning is really not quite my cup of tea. I get distracted so very easily and would really prefer to read a book, walk around, surf the Net or cook.

So I have to get some help in this department. But having a cleaning lady come is alot of responsibility. I'll have to stay around and manage her and I'm a free spirit, not a manager. R was telling me horror stories of her last few domestic helpers, catching one of them trying to leave her house with her panties in the bag, for example. Now she checks their bags etc as they leave the house and the very thought of having to do this horrifies Yours Truly.

I also have a bit of a Social Worker in me and if the lady should start to share her sob stories, I'd probably end up making her presents and playing the role of Shrink on time paid by ME. Anyway, I honestly see no point in having a clean house, just an hour after I've finally cleaned up the house, Baby Boy dumped a can of Mango Lassi on the floor and R's 2nd youngest peed all the way from the living room to the toilet.

Otherwise Eldest Son started his first Cricket lesson in school this afternoon and also spent his first night over at a friend's (R's eldest) since we arrived in Italy. R called an hour ago to inform me that the boy didn't want to take his shower, claiming to have already bathed the day before. Ai, so paiseh, right? Already she came to the house and saw that it was a mess. And I had admited to her that I never iron anything if I can help it (they iron everything in their household). Then the son didn't want to bathe. What do you think she would be thinking?

So I screamed at the stupid boy and told him to go shower like everyone else. Why doesn't God give this kid just a little common sense?

For dinner this evening, with one less mouth to feed (otherwise one chicken wouldn't be enough), I decided to indulge Hub's demand for a Roast Chicken in White Wine Sauce. Used a whole free-range chicken and roasted it in my Le Creuset casserole and the sauce turned out really good, Baby Girl was licking her plate. No picture though as I hadn't been fast enough and Hub had already started to cut up the chicken before I could get to it. Gave away the bones to the neighbour's dog. Hope he didn't leave any around in my field though. He's the sort who comes along, grabs a bone and runs off somewhere to chew it. All that need for privacy when he's chewing on a bone, huh?

Tomorrow we'll make our first visit to a doctor here in Italy. Already it's starting out not the way it should be. I'm bringing the kids to a doctor who's not mentioned on my health card so we'll have to pay for the visit ourselves (heard it's at least 50 bucks per child). But R recommends him highly as he practises homeopathie. Secondly, he's receiving us after cabinet hours (at 7:30pm), so this special treatment is worrying me a little. I must remember to go withdraw some cash before I go, I don't suppose he'll take cards. His other supposed attraction is that his receptionist is Chinese. Like can make new Chinese friend.

Then after this first lazy step, I'll have to find the courage to read up on all the documentation the Health Insurance has sent us in order to work out how the system truly works. Can't keep paying 50 bucks a visit minus the medicine as the Hub unfortunately doesn't print money. And we do have 3 kids.

1 commentaire:

SIG a dit…

Oh my god, you sound like you are describing me. ;)