lundi, mai 11, 2009

Pig's Blood and Intestines in Ginger and Leek


Had to go shopping again last Friday. Baby Girl wanted this white linen dress from Armani but I told her that I couldn't (and wouldn't) pay for it since the price was cut-throat and I've busted my Bancomat limit for the week. But I promised to find a cheaper substitute and I always try to keep my promises.

Would have to find a shop where I could buy/afford something using cash. Besides I needed something for myself too for the Golf Club dinner, my being so fat meaning that I couldn't fit into anything I own anymore. All around me many mothers are losing weight like butter melting in the sun, but I just keep piling them on. This is so frustrating.

Anyway, Zara and Pull & Bear came to mind, so I set out for Reggio Emilia. Thought with the crisis going on shops would be having Sales more often but not Zara, of course.

Found a colourful dress for myself and 2 cute ones for Baby Girl. Plus another pair of golden shoes for her. This must be the 5th pair of golden shoes that I've bought for the girl, she does so love them (and outgrows them so quickly too). Everything for the same price as that Armani dress. Smart Lotus.

The shopping done, made my way to the Chinese restaurant for lunch. I'm not a fan of Wenzhou cuisine, but they often do this Big Intestine Vermicelli Soup that I love and with a bit of luck they would have Pig's Blood too.

Since I've tanned quite a bit in the face, I look like a Malay or Thai nowadays. They were a little surprised to hear me speak Chinese and once I started to order my Soup and Pig's Blood they started to remember me from past meals. As it was, I was in luck. They had the soup and the Pig's Blood and Intestines in Ginger and Leek that I wanted. Yippee.

Actually with the on-going swine flu some people would tell me to avoid eating pork. But the virus is transmitted from human to human and has nothing to do with freshly-cooked pork or its parts. The senseless slaughter of the pigs in Egypt makes my blood boil. It's bad enough that we have to rear animals, kill and eat them; To kill them out of misinformation or misplaced fear is an added sin because of the waste. Probably for that reason I felt like eating pig.

Bought some fresh tofu, Yeo's Soy Bean milk and Wang Wang rice crackers from the Chinese shop. The area around the train station in Reggio was filled with Chinese, Arabs and Africans. Pity they couldn't come up with vibrant Chinatowns like in Melbourne, NYC, London, Toronto or even Paris. I would so love to have some tim sum, Cantonese roast duck or Shrimp Dumpling Noodles...

2 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Eh, you can't be so fat lah, to be able to fit into Zara. Happy belated Mum's Day to you. :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Super stretchable dress as you'll see.

Happy belated Mum's Day to you too.