mardi, mai 05, 2009

Pan-Fried Tuna Steak

Pan-fried Tuna Steak

It was Ladies' Night this evening at the cinema and I stayed home while Hub went to watch the film "The Reader" with Eldest Son. But I'm not complaining since I've just spent a small fortune this morning chez Armani and was feeling quite kindly disposed towards the breadwinner. Bumped into Rb (great minds think alike) and she had the last gold belt that I wouldn't mind having for myself. Arrgh.

Had to cook something really good and quick since the men only had 15 minutes to eat before they had to leave for the cinema. But I had it all under control : Pan-fried Tuna Steak.

I don't ever eat tuna but the Hub and the son love it when it's fresh. So I just coated the tuna steaks with sesame seeds, heated up my grill till it's very hot, dribbled some olive oil on it, sprinkled salt and pepper and cooked the steaks on each side rather quickly so that they are still rare on the inside. Once on the plate, I dribbled some good quality light soy sauce on the fish. Served them with wasabi and mayonnaise on the side.

Moules Frites

For myself, I had Moules Frites (aka Mussles and Fries) à la Leon de Brussels. Just olive oil, onions, a little garlic, white wine and crème fraîche. I did hesitate over the cream but decided to go ahead with it anyway - the fries do go so well with the sauce.

4 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

What was dinner for the two little ones? ;)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Actually they had a few fries and went to bed without dinner. They were too tired after all the early morning flights we had over the weekend. In any case they do not eat tuna or mussles...:-)

One Wheel a dit…

'the reader' is one good movie! You should try to catch it, maybe organise a ladies movie outing or something.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

It's a one-off showing. Every Tuesday evening the Victoria Cinema in Modena screens a movie in English and it changes every week.