mardi, novembre 18, 2008

Chinese Seafood Steamboat

Chinese Seafood Steamboat

When the days are cold, it is always a comfort hanging around a steaming pot of stock cooking and eating your food at the same time. Brother C lugged a wonderful induction plate back from the UK sometime back and had the great idea of making a Seafood Steamboat with it. Using one of his super woks (I'm envious that's obvious I'm sure), of course.

I resisted eating anything else before the meal and had quite a bit of room for seafood and stock. For those who love to cook, they must invite me of course, since nowhere I'm sure they'll find someone with an appetite like mine. Though true true, I shouldn't complain that I'm 15Kgs overweight and then continue stuffing myself the way I do. But that's another story.

Fish, King Prawns, Scampi, Tofu, Tau Pok, Fish Cake, Prawn Balls, Cabbage...I'll let the pictures do the telling. The stock was really sweet and tasty by the time we were half-way through and it was yummy just scooping soup onto the rice and enjoying this simple pleasure. Very healthy too.

Mmm...the Stock

When they're gone, I'll have no one else to speak Cantonese with in these parts. And if I had known earlier that Brother C has a rich cooking heritage (thanks to his mom) I would have tried to toushi (steal a skill) earlier heh heh.

7 commentaires:

chicchicbaby a dit…

Hi beaulotus, coincidentally, I had steamboat at my gf's place last sat and how we stuffed ourselves like mad. The best part was actually the maggi mee & luncheon meat at the end. Good comfort food.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

True true, no need big fish big meat as we say in Chinese, sometimes simple fare gives the greatest satisfaction!

Anonyme a dit…

I am going to find myself a good steamboat place this weekend.
Hey, you would love SFO, thee are restaurant at every corner.
I am dying to go try the Singaporean place Satay this weekend.

SIG a dit…

steamboats are perfect for a cold winter's day. :) I love them anytime.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

asaaan, don't rub it in, ok? When I think that I'm going to be stuck in this foreign-restaurantless place for a few more years...

D, it is very very cold here today. I'm indeed thinking of steamboating again...

sohcool a dit…

Wow. Looks yummy. I miss steamboat too. Still got a can of chicken stock at home. Think I will do one soon when I have time to go Chinatown to look for tao-pok....

petite fleur a dit…

I love hot pots esp the spicy szechuan ma la huo gou. It's been ages since I had one.

But then again I'm just biased towards all types of hot pots/steam boats.