jeudi, novembre 06, 2008

Brother C's Penang-style Fried Rice Noodles

Brother C's Penang Char Kuay Teow

I had another lunch date with Brother C and CL today. He made me a (2, actually) delicious plate of Penang Char Kuay Teow. I brought along the Lap cheong (Chinese Sausage), a Tarte Tatin and my good appetite and he came up with the rest. I think the only thing missing were the bloody (not a swear word, by the way) cockles.

Boy was this good. And he was really generous with the prawns. I also learnt another thing today - that in Penang they do the Char Kuay Teow with just the dark soy sauce. In Singapore, Char Kuay Teow usually contains sweet soy sauce as well. I enjoy both versions though I must admit that the Singapore version can be very gelak if you eat too much of it.

He has quite a bit of style when frying his noodles. One thing I enjoy very much about cooking with others is that we always learn something new. The last time I learnt a new way to - slice cucumbers. And chop up a chicken.

I'm really sorry they have to leave soon. Even though this time round I didn't spend time in that Osim massage chair. So don't ever say I'm only interested in their chair. OK, maybe in the Char Kuay Teow.

PS : Sorry, in my hurry to eat I adjusted my camera badly and the photos all turned out blur. But trust me, it was yummy...

4 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Anything home-cooked and made with love is yummy. :D

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

You said it, D!

And ditto for your home-made kaya :-)

Dutchess a dit…

That does look good! And as D so aptly puts it, anything home-cooked and made with love is yummy.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

J, I haven't forgotten your yummy kueh lapis made with love either :-).