jeudi, novembre 13, 2008

Arrivederci CL!

Lieu de RdV

I knew even as a teenager that I wanted to spend my life travelling and living in different parts of the world. If I hadn't gotten married, I would have realised this dream as a career Diplomat. With the Hub, I am living it as an expatriate housewife.

One setback about expatriate living though is that wherever you go, you make friends and then have to either leave them behind or watch them leave you.

Cold Tofu with Tempura Sauce

Last Summer we had to bid farewell to Catherine and Elizabeth and this month, we'll have to say goodbye to CL.

Fried Soft Shell Crab

G, E and myself lunched with her this afternoon in the hope that after her departure, we may occasionally be remembered when she er eats Japanese. Not that the meal was that memorable, but I hope my our company was.

The Girlfriends

It rained non-stop. I'm surprised she didn't tell me once again that it rained each time she saw me. Rain = fortune, OK.

Tempura Seafood Udon Soup

I wish CL and her family all the best in the future and a very safe trip home. And hopefully we may meet again soon. Maybe in Penang?

When shall we meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurlyburly's done
When the battle's lost and won.


Macbeth Act 1 Scene 1

2 commentaires:

Muriel a dit…

Oh were we in the same restaurant? You pics look so pro!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Muriel my dear, of course we were in the same restaurant - same place same time.

But you were probably too busy staring into your Hub's eyes to notice other things :-).

Actually CL and I didn't take the buffet. We went à la carte and as the Chef wanted to impress us he really made an effort. I added the Tempura sauce to the tofu though. Just plain tofu wasn't very appetising.