samedi, septembre 05, 2009

Korean Drama Couple or Trouble

Couple or Trouble

I am into Korean drama. And I know that I am repeating myself. But what you may not know is that I only like Korean drama with handsome Korean leads. Haha.

I caught 2 drama series when I was last in Singapore.

One of the series Couple or Trouble is based on the 1987 American movie Overboard. Anna Jo (Han Ye Seul) is a rude, confident and audacious American-bred heiress who can never be satisfied. She returns to Korea to the horror of her cowardly husband, Billy Park (Kim Sung Min). A series of misunderstandings with local handyman Jang Chul Soo (Oh Ji Ho) added him to the number of people who hate her. Later, after a quarrel with Billy that threatens to end their marriage, she herself gets drunkenly pitched overboard and falls victim to a bad case of amnesia. Jang picked her up from the hospital intending to make her repay him by doing chores in his home (he singlehandedly looks after his 3 nephews after the death of their parents) but of course they fell in love blah blah.

I've always enjoyed foreign language movies and dramas. I love seeing different people, landscapes, cultures, architecture, costumes, cuisines (though Korean food looks quite horrible in general to me) and wherever possible I would prefer to watch the show in its original language and subtitled in English. And nowadays, I like watching shows that wouldn't require me to think. No need to analyse, re-write scenarios, research history etc. Just sit back and enjoy.

And know what? Just found a site where you can watch Korean movies on your PC. My oh my, what will this mean?

Aucun commentaire: