mardi, septembre 22, 2009

Crabmeat Pancake, Duck and Cucumber Salad

Crabmeat Pancake, Duck and Cucumber Salad

I love crabs. Unfortunately the Sri Lankan ones we get back in Singapore are unavailable in Europe and here in Modena, even the big hard-shelled ones you don't see much of. I therefore resort to buying canned crabmeat, though when they are not fresh and shelled, you have to cook it differently e.g. in soups, salads, omelettes...and Crabmeat Pancakes.

This recipe is adapted from Ken Hom's Wok & Co cookbook. Makes about 6-8 small pancakes.


55g flour
1 egg
1Tsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tsp salt
ground black pepper
1 Tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 Tbsp chopped onions or spring onions
Half a dried or fresh Thai chilli
125ml milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
120g crabmeat

Mix the flour, eggs, sesame oil, salt, pepper, ginger, onion, chilli, milk and lemon juice in a large bowl. Then add the crab meat.

The batter


Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.

Crabmeat Pancake

Heat a little peanut oil in a crepe pan and prepare the pancakes as you would the usual crepes.

Duck and Cucumber Salad

I ate my crabmeat pancakes with a Duck and Cucumber Salad. Using leftover duck breast, fresh cucumber and a light soy sauce and toasted sesame oil seasoning for the cucumber and a drizzling of good balsamic vinegar on the duck. That's my lunch for today, eaten in front of the computer as I watched the Korean drama "He who can't marry". Like I said, I do so adore handsome Korean leads...

Aucun commentaire: