mardi, avril 21, 2009

Pigeon Murder

Scene of the crime

I left home at 14:48 to pick up the kids.

At 15:23, I arrived at my gate only to discover the SDA delivery van leaving my compound - without leaving me my parcel. I have just missed the guy and couldn't call him back. He didn't see me arrive. Hmm, what did I buy this time? Can't really remember.

Then, as I reached the front of my house, I saw a big mess in front of my door. I was sure it was clean when I left the house, why did it look like there's a blob of something where there used to be nothing?

Sent Eldest Son to investigate.

"Mom, it's a dead pigeon. Doesn't have a head. Can see its insides...Blegh."

I hate birds dead or alive. A decapitated one with its innards visible? Feathers everywhere...Is this a sign?

What could have happened in just that 30 minutes of absence?

Who did it?

I have lots of pigeons so I'm not lamenting the loss. Just why couldn't whoever killed this one do it somewhere else. And get the rest of them while it's at it.

Plus I need to get out of my house this afternoon and couldn't bear to walk past the gory sight/site again.

And who's going to clean up? Don't look at me.

Any Sherlock Holmes out there?

There are at least 4 dogs in the neighbourhood. The owner of 2 of them died a few days ago - maybe they have not been fed since.

There are also foxes, cats, falcons around. We've seen some of them, heard the rest.

I don't suppose it could have been a bird fight (we also have pheasants, grouse, woodpeckers, magpies, crows etc), it wouldn't have gotten this violent surely.

Aarrgh.
What happened. Who murdered the pigeon?

Update : At 15:55, Baby Girl saw another bird picking at the carcass. Gross.

Who's that bird?

15:58 : The same bird flew away with what remained of the pigeon.

Bird(s) no more

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!
Someone get me out of this place!

But at least now I'll only have the feathers, innards and blood to clean up. Unless some other animal's into feathers.

I had planned to roast a chicken this evening for dinner. You can imagine that my heart's no longer in it.

4 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Oh gross! I wouldn't want to be greeted by that.

Anonyme a dit…

My guess is the dog/s who did it! You might not want to eat roast pigeons too Cantonese style of course.

Pris a dit…

Oh geez...that´s pretty gross....but quite funny too hhahaha....

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Met the professional pigeon killer (with his rifle) today and he said he only does clean jobs so it certainly wasn't him. Probably a cat or a fox killed that pigeon.