lundi, avril 13, 2009

All in a Wednesday

Eldest Son has a few talented classmates (but he's not)

MIL complained that I blab about Asian values and our celebrated filial piety but failed to talk to her recently. I didn't have the time to tell her that I didn't have the time to talk to her. But she should realise that if her son called her every week that's because most of the time I reminded him to. He doesn't ever talk to my mom so I don't see why I should feel bad if once in a while I did not talk to his (and receive the same news twice).

And an indication of my lack of time could be the fact that I didn't get to talk to my own mom before I left for my ski trip. And so the parents woke me up with non-stop calls to my mobile phone at 6 o'clock one morning - when I was at Risoul.

I thought something bad happened at home. They thought I was maybe buried in the Italian earthquake. Anyway, I am indeed grateful not to be in L'Aquila where the earthquake happened and to know that I have people who worried for me from so far away. Even if I was zombied for the rest of that day and couldn't remember which ski to turn as I skied down the slopes - from lack of sleep.

The weeks leading up to the ski trip (and even right now as I'm typing away) had been busy. Or I'm just not capable of dealing with a few things at the same time with efficiency and speed. It did take me 2 days to pack our luggage for our ski trip - and I always travel light.


Pao Bhaji

Anyway, the Wednesday before the trip had been one of those fruitful caloric ones. I started out by meeting my Indian girlfriends (and one not-at-all Indian one) for lunch. K made a lovely curry that we ate with (lots of) buttered toasted bread (hello calories). Apparently what used to be labourer's fare has now become restaurant fare and I was lucky not to need to travel to India to get to enjoy it.

A-M's Tiramisu

I also had a Kashmir tea which was fragrant and lovely - but once again, hello calories. There was also yoghurt rice, P's healthy carrot dessert and A-M brought along a yummy Tiramisu that busted the calorie count for the day. The Amendola Park's just below K's flat, maybe if it wasn't raining and if we weren't running short of time, I would have tried to walk a few rounds to burn off some of the calories. Maybe.

More artwork in the MY Presentation (still none from my son)

It was difficult leaving the girls behind but I had to rush to pick E up so that we could reach the school in time to catch our sons' Middle Years presentation on Art and Music, Venice sinking or something like that. And prepare ourselves for the next day's Parent-Teacher Meeting. I had 7 teachers to meet. Imagine that. Wanted to ask them how they managed to let him get away with almost no artwork in that MY presentation - except for painting paper fishes for the decoration. April's Fool?

1 commentaire:

SIG a dit…

Yes dear, when I saw the earthquake on the news, you came to my mind immediately, and forgot that you went on ski trip, I was worried that something might have happened. Glad to see you back, and yes, I too have to remind hubby to call his parents. I think it's the Asian genes in us.